What if today you celebrated one small win? No big deal right?
What if you celebrated one small win daily for a week, a month, a quarter, even a year? What renewed sense of hope would that bring about in your life? In your business? In your finances?
One small daily win with your money is to gain control of the financial mess that most find themselves in.The mess is operating in “It’s too far gone” stage. It keeps you up at night, stresses you during the day, but you can’t seem to find time to focus on taking the first step to cleaning it up.
By following 3 simple steps, you can manage and be a good steward of that money will bring the big change. How do I begin to have those small wins you might ask?
1: every penny + paper + purpose = Profit
It’s not how much you make, but how much you keep. And to keep more of your hard earned money, a written monthly budget will do the trick.
Write out your budget for your business by reviewing 3 previous months expenses
- Items may stay the same, while others vary each month.
- Items that are quarterly or yearly still need to be included in a budget.
Before every purchase, not matter how small, check your budget.
- ASK: Does this fit into this months budget or should I wait for next month?
This might sound rigid but remind yourself this: Live like no one else today so you can live like no one else tomorrow.
2: Friday + Lunch = Date with your numbers
Don't wait to check in on the numbers until the end of the month as you’ll most likely end up feeling defeated. By checking in on a weekly basis, you can see the small wins along the way.
For example: You have only spent $75 in your supplies budget and you have a limit of $400 a month. You’re doing great and if you can keep that up weekly through out the month…we WILL WIN.
3. Small Wins + One Month = Celebration
When you stick to your budget and finish the month with extra money, time to wisely celebrate. There are two smart steps you can begin taking that will ensure even more future success:
- 50/50 Step: Take half of the money and buy lunch for your team. Why? Because everyone makes sacrifices on the budgeting journey and everyone loves a free lunch.
- 100% Step: Establish and build 3 to 6 months of expenses in a savings account. Why? Because one day it will rain (something will break) and you’ll need an umbrella (money to fix it).
This might sound simple but mistake simplicity for easy. For what’s easy to do, is also easy not to do.