Thanksgiving and the holidays are just around the corner, and, for many Americans, that probably means a digestive date with a big meal, as well as frequent snacking. Natrol, Inc., a premier marketer and manufacturer of nationally branded nutritional products, offers the following easily digested dos and don'ts for consumers wishing to avert seasonal tummy trouble:
· DON'T skip breakfast and lunch just because you expect to eat a five course dinner.
· DO pace yourself during meals to avoid overeating. In other words, don't eat too fast and gulp down food quickly because you're famished. It usually takes your brain about 20 minutes to register that your stomach is full.
· DON'T put too much food on your plate. This will make it easier for you to not overeat. Go easy on heavy sauces, chocolate cakes and other heavy desserts.
· DO prepare your digestive system ahead by taking a daily probiotic acidophilus supplement, such as Natrol BioBeads. This will fuel the body with a regular, concentrated source of beneficial bacteria to help you maintain a healthy digestive tract. This type of supplement also helps ease occasional stomach discomfort associated with travel.
· DO drink plenty of water during meals. This will greatly aid your digestion.
· DON'T drink too much caffeine or soda. This can cause abdominal or gas pains.
· DO try taking a natural remedy for fullness if you do overeat, such as Natrol Papaya Enzyme, which can help relieve indigestion.
Dr. Michael Yatcilla, Natrol's Vice President of Research and Development, says, "There's no need to give up your favorite holiday dishes as long as you eat sensibly and take preventive measures beforehand."
Natrol, Inc., headquartered in Chatsworth, California, has a portfolio of health and wellness brands representing quality nutritional supplements, functional herbal teas, and sports nutrition products. The company also manufactures supplements for its own brands and on behalf of third parties. For more information, visit www.Natrol.com or call 800.2.NATROL.