It's always on the to-do list for disease prevention and overall good health , but regular physical activity appears to have antidepressant qualities, too. While questions remain, the picture on exercise and depression is becoming clearer: Getting up and moving seems to help people get on top of a bout of depression or keep a recurrence at bay. Here's the skinny so far:
- There is some relationship, not fully understood, between mood and movement.
- You don't have to overdo it.
- Probably best to try aerobic activity for a brain benefit.
- Using an exercise log could help.
- The benefit is both psychological and physiological.
- Try it on your own, but don't be afraid to get professional help.
Material summarized from original version. Read the full version>>